N-Fix is a unique technology that enables all crop species to fix nitrogen directly from air. It enables naturally sustainable farming without nitrogen pollution. The technology aims to address the international market need for sustainable agricultural fertilisers.
N-Fix is a patented technology based on a beneficial bacteria Gluconacetobacter diazotrophicus (Gd) for coating plant seeds in order to create a symbiotic relationship within the plant enabling it to substitute the nitrogen it normally takes up from the soil with atmospheric nitrogen – thus reducing dependency on nitrogen fertilisers.
- Is environmentally friendly and contains no toxins.
- Is ubiquitous to all crops.
- Provides every cell in the plant with the ability to fix its own nitrogen.
- Replaces up to 50% of the plant’s nitrogen needs.
- Offers a significant cost benefit to the grower through reduction in the use of nitrogen based fertilisers.
- Is neither genetic modification (GM) nor bio-engineering.
- Is different from other inoculant technologies and products on the market.
Azotic is the only company offering an “intracellular” strain of this bacteria in non-legumes. Our fully patented technology comes with a powerful provenance based on 20 years research.
Azotic’s technologies has a strong patent portfolio and an exiting intellectual property pipeline.